Tuesday 3 July 2012

Bonjour from Hot hot Provence

Today is Tuesday I think.  I was out of touch since I left Paris, as Maurice could not remember which button to push to put me on line.  Francois the accounting rode in on his shinny Renault and rescued me , well he restored me to the land of the 21st century. Alias, I can not e-mail for some reason so can only chat on Hotmail and I'm hoping when the time comes this blog will post.

First, not to bore you all, but I miss my Jimmie.  I know life is hard, Provence, cheap wine, fresh fruit, sun, quit complaining, but there are some comforts that are hard to do without and he is top of the list.

Anyway, I will start with Sundays train trip. Station was a short taxi away and Mr Grumpy in information said go read the sign.  So I did.  Found the right train and, although I was facing backwards I did not get motion sickness, very proud of myself for that.  Hopped off 1 and 1/2 later at Lyon. Had panic attach found provincial train to Arles and was told by kindly French Lady why not stay on the train you were on instead of this one that stops 11 times before Arles, you would have been there an hour ago.  Me, shrug.  Worse still it is pouring cats, dogs, and funny looking white cows.

At the station, as promised is Maurice Campbell who grabs the big bag and sloshes me off to his
car and off to my little log cabin in Province.  A quick tour of the Studio, it's huge, a nap and then dinner with Ursula (she runs the place) and Maurice. Definitely not a couple, she's 80 and he is gay, as he told me every 5 minutes.  Yep I get it.

 Dinner was a starter of Artichoke, never had one before, got taught how to eat it and quite liked it, then spaghetti and tomatoes.  Did I mention the 3 bottles of red wine.  Could be why I finally slept through a night in France.

The next day we, me and Maurice, went to the supermarket, they have them here much the same as home, but incredibly cheap.  Then the art store for paint and canvass then back to "My little log cabin in Provence"  Apparently I make my own meals and so in honour of France I cooked my chicken in white wine and very tasty it was.

Today I have started 2 of my three canvass and did some drawing.  soon it will be dinner time for me and so I must say Audie Good bye and Toodles













5 comments:

  1. Completely awesome! Are you feeling inspired?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a dream. Enjoy the heat... guess what it's doing here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was going to ask the same as Tash. All the change in environment must give some kind of inspiration, ya?

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks very cool and a great place to paint. Who are those two girls by the pool?

    ReplyDelete